Monday, December 7, 2009

Getting started is always the hardest part...

Hello. I am sure it will be quite some time before anyone reads this, but we have to start somewhere and I might as well address you as though you are here with me on this little journey. (It's kind of like a rudimentary form of time travel. I am addressing readers in the present-tense, who will hopefully be reading this in the future)

I seem to have digressed. Let's start again.

Hello.

My name is Bryan Lamb and I love fiction. Science Fiction and Fantasy are my favorites, but I love all fiction. I have had this crazy idea for a while now to create a blog and post original fiction written in almost real-time. I am sure others have had this same idea and have executed it much more brilliantly than I, but what's the harm in following one's motivation?

This is simply an introductory post. A little "Hey, how are you" if you will. In the coming days I will be posting new fiction in installments every single day. If no one ever sees them, so be it. I will at least finally have these stories out of my brain and out into the universe.

I will submit the pieces of story until the story is finished, however long that may be, then move on to the next story. Hopefully, some of you will notice along the way and will be entertained.

I'm sure you will have questions. (Like "Why on earth did you call the blog "Tales From Beyond The Universe?" Simple answer: It's got pizazz! Seriously, it's like an old sci-fi B-movie title.)

I'm sure there will be typos.

The Great Lords of Grammar and Sentence Structure will surely be offended.

I hope it will be fun.

Tomorrow begins the journey with part 1 of "Murder In Skin City", a very noir mystery tale set in the near-future. Join me. There will be robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment